Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sharon Turns 40!

This is a 40th birthday cake for a dear friend.  Unfortunately, it was one of the hottest, most humid days we have had in Texas this summer and the black fondant on the bottom layers of the cake started melting causing the fondant to sag.  The upside I guess is that it also gave it a nice shiny appearance!  Other than that, I was happy with the way it turned out and it was a big hit at the surprise party.  The M&M character,sign, and flowers were made from fondant and gum paste.  I was fortunate to find chocolate rocks at the candy shop when I was purchasing the gray M&M's that worked out perfectly for the path.  The grass was done with a thick royal icing and Wilton tip #233.  I love the way the Over the Hill arrow is pointed right at her in this photo! 

 Happy Birthday Sharon and welcome to the over 40 club!



Over the Hill Birthday Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment